Compass for Success has 5 primary offerings that can be shared with participating school boards:
- A Data Warehouse Solution with Reporting and Analysis, and Dashboards for measuring school success. This includes the ability to populate data from: the four major student management systems used in Ontario (some of which are utilized across Canada and the United States); Provincial Standards assessments; other standard student assessments.
- An assessment data capture and analysis tool to support Assessment For Learning;
- A website to provide training and support to create a data culture and school planning process driven by data;
- Conferences and workshop opportunities throughout the year;
- Hosting opportunities to support school boards, individual schools, independent organizations.
Sample view of reports
Dashboards for Quick and Easy access to Key Performance indicators
Standard Reports Structured to Support a Culture of Inquiry by School Administrators
Standard Report Features
- 3 Main Sections:
- Parameters section to change selections 'on the fly'
- Main Report Display
- Trending Section with optional year or term displays
- 'Current' displays the students currently enrolled as of yesterday and shows the trending of this matched cohort over time
- 'History' is for school mark analysis – Same cohort of students over time.
- View trends by year, term or by expectations
- 'Drill-Thru' on any hyperlink to find the students by selecting the hyperlink
School and Classroom Tools
Assessment Solution for Board and Classroom Assessments
The assessment application was designed for teachers to support the assessment for learning model. This application is intended to ensure teachers can quickly enter their own or Board data and at the same time reflect on the student results. Teachers can then group the students for instruction, identify specific strategies for students within these groups and continuously monitor their progress using an electronic data wall. This solution supports ALL board assessments as well as supports teacher assessments which can then be displayed alongside the board assessments.
View a sample demo of the teacher assessment tool to see how quickly and easily teachers can enter board or classroom assessment data, reflect on the results and monitor their students’ progress using their own electronic data wall.
CFS 2010 Conference Highlights
School Planning Workshop Trailer
- Link to all the videos from the School Planning Session – Thunder Bay
- Link to the full video selection from CFS 2010 Conference
School Planning Session – December 1st - Linking your data to your School Improvement Plan, Board Improvement Plan and School Effectiveness Framework. View the School Planning Workshop trailer for a sneak preview of the session. Register for the one day workshop here .
Compass for Success Annual Conference – April 2011 - More information coming soon!